Treatment Focus: Stress and Mood Management
|Group Size: 1+||Equipment: Basic|
– White Board
– Music Player
- Learn to manage mood and stress using meditation
- Learn how anxiety and stress are related to blood pressure and heart rate
- Learn how meditation can lower risk physical risks of stroke and heart attack
- Prepare whiteboard for group
- Greet people and take attendance
- Introduce the group and goals for the group
- Ask group about what stresses them out or gives them anxiety. Write their answers on the board.
- Ask group about what helps them to manage their stress and anxiety. Write their answers on the board.
- Introduce group and goals.
- Talk to group about the benefits of meditation. (Decrease stress/anxiety, physical health benefits, etc.)
- Inform group that you are going to be teaching them another coping skill to better cope with stress and anxiety which is called guided meditation.
- Instruct patients to close their eyes and to get relaxed in their seats.
- Walk patients through guided meditation session. Find scripts online.
- Sum up the group discussion about what was learned.
Intervention submitted by John Smith, CTRS Company Name. 2020
Easter Rocks Treatment Focus: Sensory Group Size: 1–2 Equipment: Basic Time 20-30 minutes Equipment - ...
The Sticky Scavenger Sounds
The Sticky Scavenger Sounds Treatment Focus: Expressive Communication Group Size: 1–4 Equipment: ...
Q-Tip SkeletonTreatment Focus: Cognitive Focus Group Size: 1+ Equipment: Basic Time 15-30 ...
Budgeting 101: Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey
Budgeting 101: Financial Peace University by Dave RamseyTreatment Focus: Money Management Group Size: ...